Get things done! Master your daily workflow and other daily task using the 3 step “Timeboxing” system.
As we wake up, we notice “Stuff” bouncing around in our heads and causing untold stress and anxiety. Evaluation meetings, empty rolls of toilet paper, broken lawn mowers, your big gut, dirty underwear and imminent jury duty. These all compete for prime attention in our poor, addled brains. Stuff has no “home” and, consequently, no place to go, so it just keeps rattling around. Find out more here:
Get More Things Done in less time using The Action Machine Software: This 3-Step system will dramatically increase your ability to get things done, and recapture lost hours in your day, lost days in your month, and even lost weeks in your year.
There are two obstacles that are likely preventing you from being a massive action-taker right now: A lack of clarity, and a lack of motivation.
Here’s why clarity and motivation matter:
- A confused mind always says no! If what you need to do each day isn’t clear and understandable to you, your brain is going to create resistance to taking action (you experience a similar restrictive reaction when you’re blindfolded and asked to move. It’s a form of what is often called ‘fear of the unknown‘).
- Without clear reasons WHY you need to take action, you often find yourself without the fuel and motivation for taking action!
Without clarity about what you need to do, and reasons for doing them, your mind easily wanders, and your heart lacks any kind of motivation for taking meaningful action. As a result, distractions and procrastination take over and your ability to produce significant results becomes a fraction of your potential.
- Write down all the things you want to get done for the day: Everything from writing, creating content, or planning your next project, to answering your email and balancing your checkbook.
- Assign a specific time to each task: Anything from 15 minutes to 4 hours.
- Select a task, start a timer (like an egg time), and focus on nothing but accomplishing that task: This means you don’t answer the phone, you don’t get up for a drink, you don’t log onto Facebook – none of that. You remain focused on the task-at-hand!
How does timeboxing eliminate the two obstacles to taking action that we talked about a minute ago?
First, It Creates Clarity – Creating a simple, but clear list of things you need to do (getting it out of your head) gives order and structure to what you need to do – it gives your brain the clarity it needs in order to feel compelled to take massive action.
Next, It Uses Time As A Strong Motivating Force: By Assigning each task a specific time. Using a countdown timer to work on that task within that time frame. This has the same motivating effect as you would experience trying to meet any other time-based deadline. Meeting the deadline is compelling, and your brain sees it as a strong reason WHY you should act!
As a Bonus when you visit, you get the following products!
The Action Machine is built completely around the timeboxing concept. It works because it’s simple to understand and use. And, it ties together the three key motivating elements that push your brain to take action.
- Discover the 6 simple ways to make your goals more real and more achievable
- Become aware of of 3 major dangers on journey through life that prevent you from getting the results you want
- Learn how taking action toward your goals helps create a clear path to reaching them
- Print it, laminate it, and hang it on your wall. Use it as a constant reminder of how to hit your goals in life and business!